2. Turn up the tunes – Studies show listening to music while working out can help people workout harder. It will also keep you focused on the task at hand and stop you from engaging in distracting conversations
3. Have a plan – go to the gym with a plan of what you are going to do. is it leg day, arm day. be flexible with your exercise list, as the machine or bench you need may be taken.
4. Take pictures – take pictures every 6-8 weeks so as you can track your progress and see if you are heading in the right direction.
5. Aim for 45-60 mins max – workouts should be highly intense and as productive as possible, don’t spend hours on end in there, get out and refuel your body!
6. Have a gym bag – have a bag with all your equipment in it – wraps , gloves, towel, shoes, clothes, supplements and shaker.
7. Fuel Up – make sure you eat about an hour before training for maximum productivity in your workout, if you need a further pick me up have a coffee or a preworkout.
8. Keep a diary – keep a diary of your exercises, reps and weights lifted on your workouts, this way it is easier to track your progress and push the weights and reps up next session.
9. Set a goal – set a goal and be specific, sorry but ‘getting fit ‘isn’t specific enough.
10. Change routine – to stop yourself from plateauing change your routine at least every 6-8 weeks.
11.Time your rest – its very easy for that 45 second to turn into 3 minutes if you don’t keep an eye on it.
12.Include compound exercises – Kill multiple birds with one stone and work more muscles at once. Compound lifts like deadlifts and squats will give muscles way more bang for their buck.
13. Add Supersets – If you are short on time to train, add supersets or trisets to your arsenal – doing 2 or 3exercises back to back – it also might give your muscles that kickstart to break any plateus
14. Run intervals. Instead of spending an hour on the treadmill, try running intervals instead. Short bursts of intense running builds lean muscle, boosts your metabolism andburns bodyfatin less time
15. Stay Hydrated. – drink plenty of water and avoid dehydration
16. If Unsure employ a Personal Trainer – if you don’ t know what to add to your workout, what foods to eat or wonder why you are not reaching your goals then why not get a Personal trainer to do it for you, in the sessions you may also find that you get pushed far harder than you were pushing yourselves before hand.