Metafit is a style of HIIT and is designed to boost your fitness, rocket your energy levels & get massive results in the shortest amount of time possible.
It gets results because it…
• Creates a Metabolic Disturbance
• Increases your Resting Metabolic Rate
• Increases Fat Burning
• Works your major muscle groups functionally: mimic’s everyday movements
• Depletes glycogen stores
• Bodyweight training system
• Time efficient: 30 minutes high intensity class
• Whole body workout
‘Fat Burning Zone’ training vs High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
• Fat Burning Zone
• 30 min workout = 300kcal
• Afterburn = less than 150kcal
• 30 min workout = 300kcal
• Afterburn = up to 500kcal
Results from same subject measuring calorie output for 10 hrs after workout
Why 30 Minutes?
• HIIT is short bursts of maximum exertion, if it lasts an hour it’s not HIIT
• It’s quality not quantity
• Classes that last an hour must be based around endurance & aerobic training (cardio)
Everyone works at their own ability and pace unlike most classes where you all perform movements in sync.One can be doing the advanced option, going faster/deeper/higher while the other can be doing the easier exercise variation and slow it down. They both would still be working at their maximal effort because everyone’s maximal is different.
Using more than one joint at a time. The exercises are designed to be functional and mimic everyday movements and muscles are built in symmetry preventing imbalances. Using lots of muscles at once will burn more calories, therefore is more efficient and effective.
Core & Abs
Metafit is loaded with core exercises. Unlike situps which work one particular muscle group in your abs, Metafit will work all the muscles in your abs, your lower back, shoulders and glutes at the same time. So be done with those out of date, time wasting, back breaking, ineffective situps.
For Those Wanting to Know the Science Behind Metafit
• It is not perfomed in the ‘fat burning zone’, it is designed to deplete glycogen stores in muscles to maximise Excess Post Exercise Oxygen Consumption (EPOC) to burn fat after the session (during recovery).
• You will not burn fat during your session, this happens in the after burn
• You will increase your Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) and preserve muscle mass which is the single most effective way of burning fat.
Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR)
• RMR accounts for 65 – 75% of calories burned throughout the day
• The majority of calories are stored as fat and used at rest
• Increasing your RMR is the best way to increase your fat burning potential
• After a Metafit workout, your RMR will remain elevated for a minimum of 24 hours (the after burn)
What Happens to Your Body in the After Burn?
After a High Intensity Workout, the body must:
• Regulate body temperature
• Return cardiovascular and respiratory systems to rest
• Replenish glycogen stores in muscles
• Begin protein synthesis anduse hormones to return body to an anabolic state
• Return body to homeostasis
The Role of Lean Muscle in RMR
• 1/2kg of lean muscle requires 50 calories per day to maintain
• Increasing lean muscle mass increases calorie output and metabolism
• People lose 2 – 4% of their lean muscle mass every 10 years after the age of 25 and as a result their metabolism slows down by 5% every 10 years