So you have been starting out on your new fitness regimen.
You go running in the morning, you hit the gym in the afternoon and inbetween you snack on everything you have in the cupboard – all them rubbish cereals you bought for the kids, last nights left over Pizza, Chinese whatever, well STOP!!!!. All this is holding you back from any gains you could make as you are not giving your body the proper nutrients it needs and at the proper times.
What you need to do is this.
Firstly clear all the rubbish food out of your cupboards, and don’t start making excuses already saying well, the kids like that. Well listen up people, i am sure your kids will thank you in years to come, especially because you prevented them from being picked on as the fat kid at school. If your kids liked to smoke, would you buy them cigarettes? No, of course you wouldn’t because it is bad for their health and so are sugar filled carbs.
Secondly. make sure you go shopping straight after eating a meal. If you go shopping when you are hungry, you will buy rubbish, the stuff you have been craving and as soon as you have it in your cupboard at home you downfall will be complete!!!
So here you have it….
The healthy shopping list.
Keep your cupboard and fridge stocked with these items and you will be laying the foundations to your road to success.
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- Tuna in water or brine
- Fish – salmon or white varieties – barramundi, hoki etc
- Tinned Sardines and Mackerel
- Extra Lean Ground Beef or Ground Round (92-96%)
- Protein Powder
- Egg Whites or Eggs
- Ribeye Steaks or Roast
- Top Round Steaks
- Top Sirloin or porterhouse steak
- Beef Tenderloin (aka Filet, Filet Mignon)
- Eye of Round (Cube Meat, Stew Meat, Bottom Round , 96% LeandGround Round)
- Ground turkey, Turkey Breast Slices or cutlets (fresh meat, not deli cuts)
- Oatmeal (Old Fashioned or Quick Oats)
- Sweet Potatoes
- Beans(black, kidney, chickpeas, lentils)
- Wholemeal pasta
- Oat Bran Cereal
- Brown Rice or basmati
- Wholegrain bread
- Natural muesli
- Chick peas/ Lentils/ Wholegrain Crackers
- Green Leafy Lettuce (Green Leaf, Red, Leaf, Romaine)
- Green beans
- Bell Peppers
- Brussels Sprouts
Other Produce & Fruits
- Green or Red Pepper
- Fruit (if acceptable on diet): bananas, apples, grapefruit, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
- Lemons or Limes
- Natural Style Peanut Butter/Almond Butter
- Olive Oil or Macadamia Nut Oil
- Nuts (peanuts, almonds, walnuts)
- Flaxseed Oil
- Sunflower Seeds
Dairy & Eggs
- Low-fat cottage cheese
- Low or Non-Fat Milk
- Greek style yoghurt(full fat)
- Parmesan cheese
Condiments & Misc.
- Green Tea
- Rooibos Tea
- Balsamic Vineger
- Sugar free jelly
- 100% Cocoa powder